Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a salt flat sunrise

Danielle and I decided that just for fun we wanted to get up and 4 am (drag Mike and Brandon out of bed), drive to the salt flats and watch the sunrise! It may sound a little crazy but we had seen pictures from a class we are taking and decided it would be worth it. It was AMAZING the views were incredible. We decided to make a tradition out of it, we're going to find beautiful places that we can go watch the sunrise and document it with photos. Nevermind that is was FREEZING cold, we just forgot because it was so beautiful! I also hearkened back to my Native American ancestors and danced a Sun Dance it was really quite rejuventating until I got distracted by the salt crystals below my feet and felt compelled to dip my finger in and lick it. It is called the 'Salt Flats' for a reason, and Mike is convinced I'm infected with some type of water born disease now. Neat. Danielleee made a great video with our pics, it's about ten minutes and totally worth the watch. Ch Ch Check it out. P.S. Because of the stupid blogger photo upload none of the photos are in order, but i guess you can kind of figure it out by the sun.
















2 comments:

Janelle said...

So cool. Makes me want to be a photographer. Makes me want to dance around at the Salt Flats.

Kateka said...

Your pictures are amazing. Seriously, they are just gorgeous. I think it is super cool your hubs came along, what good sports!