Monday, August 25, 2008

our trip to europe

Mike, my parents and I spent 14 fabulous days in Europe, we saw, ate, and photographed far too many things to describe here. We saw so many beautiful things! Hopefully my pics will begin to explain how amazing out trip was! I will try to add some day by day, so I don't get too far behind, but then I can all the good ones in!


On our way!

The Louvre


The Mona Lisa, much smaller than I imagined, much busier than I imagined, and far more B.O. in the vicinity of one painting, than I could have ever imagined.



The most delicious gelato, I tried 6 flavors in two days.


I tried getting a 'creative' shot of mike and I the count is as follows:
2+whistles and hoots from nearby construction workers as I put my butt in the air struggling for the shot
1 knee in bird crap
0 as in zero on the cool shot.... oh well next time we're in Venice I suppose.



From the bridge by our hotel, well I don't know if you could really call it that ;)

Some cute old ladies at the fish market





A true marionette shop, honestly I couldn't quite decipher the prices, but I'm quite sure they were out of my price range.


mmm gnocchi!





Rialto Bridge the largest in Venice


The Doge's Palace



the poste conveniently located in the alley by our hotel, again I use that word lightly

Our first true Italian meal lasagna
Suprise! Hawaiian looking pizza is actually hot dogs and french fries! mmm
Our gondola ride


Our gondaleri

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the picture of the boat ride in Venice! Everything is so beautiful!...well, except the hot dog pizza. But then again, I guess it's beautiful in it's own way. heehaw

Jenna Johnson said...

HAHA! I love the hot dog pizza! Easton would eat that up!

Janelle said...

Love your pictures. You are such a talented photographer...I want to steal your pictures and claim them as my own vacation photos!

Sweet dreams of gelato.